Chattahoochee (Blogophilia 15.4)

 


This river has been part of my life since I was in sixth grade. I've floated it, jumped off its rocks, and hiked all of its trails from Buford Dam to almost West Point. I've had deer snort at me, watched hawks screech as they got squirrels, and listened to immense bird life that exists along the stream bank. 




This is Morgan Falls Dam. Where I live now is to the left of the picture. Where I grew up is to the right. Some of the best days of my life happened here. It was where this story happened. Many nights (and a few breakfasts) were forgotten in the parking lot. 



 There are peaceful nooks everywhere you go. 


And I hope to keep enjoying it forever. 








Comments

  1. Looks like a peaceful, and sometimes adventurous, way to grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I hopped on over and read that blog, don't remember it from over 10 years ago but what shenanigans! That would have been perfect for last week. Chatahoochee River, cool name and beautiful place to explore. KUDOS Earthling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about rerunning it. Dave from last week's story is the one that was hauled off by the ranger. Yeah, that was a crazy crew.

      Delete
  3. Looks inviting, but I tend to be wary of snorting bucks. Ha ~Dave

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In Honor of Al Jaffee

The Date (Blogophilia 13.5)