When It Doesn't Work (Blogophilia 33.13)

I was going to post a story about another bottle blonde teenager making a bad decision, but the thing ever seems to come together. How do you handle failed stories or concepts? Do put them aside and hope they'll work out later? Or do you just kill them and move on? It is one of those dry periods where I can't quite get things to work out. I could blame the phone binging every twenty seconds with a political pitch, or my son's move into his new place (Yay for empty nesting!) But I've put out more with a lot worse going on.

I guess I'll just look at this Orangutan.


It's better than the Presidential Debate. Or wondering if my saying "Happy Birthday" is just another advertising data point. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Topic-Failed Stories

Hard prompt Use Binging

Easy prompt  Data point


Pic-Rebecca Gruessendorf

Pic guesses; Orangutan, monkey business, balance, nose, why?




Comments

  1. How does it feel to be an empty-nester? :) I always have to put stories I have in mind aside when the story doesn't completely come together for any reason, but I never return to them.

    Irene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of times, I do come back. But this one is just not jelling at all.

      Delete
    2. Failed stories are every writers bane. 8 points Earthling

      Delete
  2. I am feeling less inspired these days as well. However I kind of like blogs where people just tell it like it is. Reality is more interesting than you think. Congrats on your Son's moving. That is a big milestone for both of you. Enjoy the nest!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about doing a longer one on the move and I might later.

      Delete
  3. Hang in there, I'm sure inspiration will return

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't look at unfinished stories as being failures. That's too discouraging. I think of them as beautiful, creative beginnings that are at rest. At least for now. The process of writing or being creative in any capacity, for me at least, is the best part, not the final outcome. Sometimes, actually often, I have no idea what I'm going to writ about next, I just sit with my computer and type, and the story writes itself. I love it, it's such a beautiful process. Sometimes it wears me out and I'm exhausted, but I'm also proud I accomplished something. Maybe I'm a little bit crazy. lol <3 Lissa Fallon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is more or less what I do. I have got a slush pile when I need some help.

      Delete
  5. Boy can I relate. Going through my drafts and transferring them to an unfinished file was an eye opener. NOW JUST HAVE TO FINISH THEM. Never throw any away. You just never know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have pieces scattered all over my computer. I've lately been trying to transcribe some of my long hand tablets. That's been fun.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In Honor of Al Jaffee

The Date (Blogophilia 13.5)

Mr. Rogers (GBE 2 101)