The Tiny Park Tour (Blogophilia 32.13)

 It's Friday and I was at a loss on how to handle the topic this week. Yesterday, I was scrolling around, trying to avoid the subject when a Facebook notification came up for an exhibit called "Tiny Parks Atlanta", which is on display now until Sunday afternoon (10/18/2020). A group called Livable Buckhead organized it to promote green space, they set up the project along  Path400 near Lenox Square. It's a short distance from home and I'd rather spend my day in the sunshine than listening to the political bullshit hitting me from all directions. 

The weather was glorious. I found a place to park and spent a minute chatting with the organizers. They explained the concept and how I might vote for my favorite. I made my way up the hill towards Lenox Rd. 

42 dioramas were scattered on either side of the path. The theme was to envision the ideal park environment on a small scale. It got its idea from another project called Tiny Doors Atlanta ( #tinydoorsatl ), where small doors are inserted in trees, walls, and other interesting places around town. Many people do hikes just to see how many tiny doors they can find in a particular area and Instagram their finds. But here, everything is in one place and many reflected the beauty in your eyes. Surprisingly, none of the exhibits used normal Atlanta historical icons like Stone Mountain or the Capitol, rather everything was green space and recreation. 


Some of the displays were very professionally done:





Others were done by civic associations:



Or nature preserves:






And some that aren't so tiny:



Some that are whimsical:




None go against nature. Of course, that is a false concept. That's part of nature, too.  A great way to get away from the screen. 






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Topic- Colleen Bruenig Keller

Pic- David Schrader

Pic guesses: glassy, dilated, pupil, hazel, green, line of sight, stare, creepy

Love and Rockets lyric used: 

You cannot go against nature
Because when you do
Go against nature
It's part of nature, too

Comments

  1. Wow!! I love it. Those are amazing and so much fun. Right up my alley. I've been working on lots of fairy houses outside with my Goddaughter, and now I want to make a miniature park!! I think the May Pole garden is my favorite. What a fun outing. Thanks for sharing this!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you as I was walking along. I actually wished it was bigger.

      Delete
  2. These are neat. I like #1 & #4 best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #1 is interesting. It is a model of the Chastain Park community garden. I know a couple of people who have plots there.

      #4 is Blue Heron Nature Preserve's entry. I need to go there and do an entry. I used to play along the creek there when I was little. Now it seems so different.

      Delete
  3. That's awesome. Sounds like a great, relaxing time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a great idea/display.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was a clever idea. I hope they do it again sometime.

      Delete
  5. Love Park 35 with the tree house. 8 points Earthling

    Martien

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the displays! Thanks for sharing your field trip with us! And I don't know why, but I thought you had a wordpress account, but blogger works well, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great way to enjoy the out of doors

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In Honor of Al Jaffee

The Date (Blogophilia 13.5)

Mr. Rogers (GBE 2 101)