Doom Scrolling (Blogophilia 38.15)

 


I was spending my morning doom scrolling Facebook. It's a bad habit and unproductive, I know. But it allows the time to pass while I drink my morning pot of coffee.

I flip past a repost of a Garrison Keillor interview. I'd seen it before. It made fun of a church  I used to be affiliated with. The reason I'm no longer has more to do with internal politics than scripture. Down at the bottom was a post from a Faerie past who had moved on because of a specific faith issue. For no apparent reason, she reiterated her position in no uncertain terms. As I was debating whether to respond, my wife informed me it was time for her to go to work and the post drifted away into the timeline of doom.

Ain't that a kick in the head.

I've been thinking about it all day and it may have been sheer luck I was called away. My reply would have only furthered the break existing between us and better she stays in my past. 

It's better than being called a turkey. 


Comments

  1. HA!! Doom scrolling, I did not know there was a name for it. I believe it is a habit that I picked up from you Earthlings and the proliferation of social media. It can be quite addictive~

    That kick in the head probably saved you a lot of grief in the long run, hehe. KUDOS and a turkey leg for dinner, Earthling!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In Honor of Al Jaffee

The Date (Blogophilia 13.5)

Mr. Rogers (GBE 2 101)