Waking Up to a New Reality (Blogophilia 51.10)

“Chris....CHRIS! Breathe!”
The words echoed along the sides of my head. Colors turned from green to brown to black. Blacker than any night I had ever encountered. Breath ebbed and flowed involuntarily. Pale lavender edges formed at the edges only to be replaced with the out of focus slits from before. Daylight? Something damp drug across my face.
Slowly, the Blue man came into focus with a worried expression. The image shattered as the van door open and slam shut, as if a pebble had been tossed into a pond. A couple of muffled voices whispered something about what are you doing here.
Suddenly, the girl from the band appeared in the center of the slit, the mass of pink lace partially covered with a red flannel shirt. Putting a purple tipped hand on his Dave’s shoulder, she whispered in his ear.
“He’s cute when he’s passed out. Maybe if I play Princess Charming, Cinderella here will wake up.”
Myke sat with a worried expression in a chair next to the window. I couldn’t hear Dave’s response, but she drifted closer with an odd twinkle in her eyes. The crickets from the forest rang in my ears. More of the room was visible, but I still couldn’t make a sound.
She’s bigger than I thought. Oh, man, the headline will read “Man victim of Sixth Commandment while breaking the Seventh”, or something.
Then I remembered what the Ms. Lisa said about her. Wasn’t I supposed make amends with that Joleene lady first, though? Too late. The steps are coming out of order. I guess there were worse ways to die. Putting mind over matter, I braced for impact.
The cotton candy coated form leaned forward. Warm touch of lips went straight to my heart. A nightingale sing softly in a far corner. Yielding willingly, she was as light as a feather. As the disconnected hands slipped around her ample waist, my body slowly came alive. The smell of hair dye, sweat and a flowered perfume I couldn’t place was lovely. Faint applause and champagne corks bounced in time with my aching head. Muffled laughter joined in as the hands slid up from her hips. I was happier than I had been for a long, long time. With a grin, she slipped out of my arms and stood up.
“Good Morning, Sleeping Beauty!” She chirped, smoothing the shirt over her still bare legs. E.T.’s headband had dropped down over his eyes, as if he were embarrassed. I smiled at that. The room was almost in full focus now.
Myke helped me to a sitting position with a relieved expression on his face. Dave was holding out a water bottle. My head was still aching from the event. I rubbed my neck as I took the water, realized I was only in my boxers. Everything must have come off to give me the shot. I wasn’t focused enough to care yet.
“Wow. We thought we had killed you.”
I took a long slug. Balm against the desert dry throat. It went down a little too quickly and I began coughing, but I recovered.
“Yeah, I haven’t had a reaction that bad in a while. But you get out of confession for today.”
I turned back to the girl. The grin was the same one Beasley had leading his lady down the street. I couldn’t help but mirror it. The Psychic was right. There was a lot to love and I most certainly wanted to set up my own private delivery.
“That was quite a kiss.” I kissed the hand. “I don’t think I caught your name.”
“Corrine.” She brushed the technicolor bangs to the side and sat in my lap. “You weren’t bad, yourself. I think I’d like some more...”
Myke held his hand up.
“Sorry, Kids. We don’t have time to find you a hotel room. We’ve got other problems.”
A short green fellow with a comb on his helmet was standing by the front door with what looked like a toy gun in his hand. Next to him was a slightly taller version of the same with some fur lined handcuffs. When did this turn into 50 Shades of Gray?
“Oooh, your dilly dallying is making very angry...very angry indeed!” He looked down at the dog. “Two, grab the the one with no clothes on and tubby. Great One is waiting for us.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Topic (Mind Over Matter)-Tyler Myrth
Pic Guesses: Champagne Corks (in blog), What?, Hotel Room (in blog), Surprise, Wedding toast, Beginnings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Honor of Al Jaffee

The Date (Blogophilia 13.5)

Mr. Rogers (GBE 2 101)