Allergy Shock (Blogophilia 50.10)

The effects of the wool didn’t take long. Within five minutes, my eyes were slits in rubber balloons. Myke guided me to a small couch in the van and put a pillow under my head. I could sort of see the outline of a lamb, but was it really? I’ve had reactions where I imagined I was at some witch’s gingerbread house out the woods. This was one of those. The back of my throat began to swell. From what looked like the other side of the world, I heard Dave growl.
“We’ve got to get you to a hospital, Chris. Your breathing is getting shallow.
Suddenly, I remembered something. I managed to croak out a few words.
“In my left jacket pocket. Epi...”
The room faded out.
Or more like I went through door to another reality. I was in the forest coming up on the same wood hut as before. It couldn’t be missed, standing as it was against the neon green of the ground. Next to it was a slightly heavy woman with straight red hair in a chair. There was a magical twinkle in her hazel eyes as she rose to greet me.
“Oh, hello.” She said. “Welcome to the Chapel of the Divine Lamb. My name is Ms. Lisa and I’m the resident Psychic. Could I read your palm?”
I was taken aback. Another charlatan? The air was buzzing with the music of crickets and flies, yet none of them were bothering me. Strange. I am the target of every mosquito within a mile of wherever I am. But they seemed to welcome me.
As to her request, I was here and had nothing to lose. I held my hands out.
Taking them both, she considered carefully, finally choosing my right for study. With a shake of her head, all creatures fell silent. It was quieter than a mausoleum and stayed that way for a long while. With a deep sigh, she spoke.
“You are on a personal trip.”
Tell me something I don’t know.
“One occurring on multiple planes. You have been sent here deliberately by the Universe to be taught your sins and how you might repent them.
Sins? What is she prattling on about?
“Your judgement and jealous attitudes toward others have lead you to woe. You have recently lost a job?
How’d she know that? Slowly, I nodded.
“...and you think that psychic phenomenon is a bunch of...I think you referred to it as ‘hooey’”
“Yes, but...”
The woman waved me into silence as she kept looking.
“...oh, I see. You DID have a bad experience and it is clouding your judgement of my entire profession.”
This lady was good. Again, I slowly nodded.
“The Confession is complete.”
Confession? I didn’t say anything.
“You must leave here and go back. The process of getting everybody back to your plane has begun.” She threw my hands down in my lap. “When it is all done, give Ms Joleene a bottle of Retsina and kiss her hand. This will be your atonement.”
The music of the forest began again. Ms. Lisa turned to go back into the rustic cottage. But she stopped before going in and said.
“I didn’t tell you the biggest sin. Without music, your life is a mistake. After you make amends, you are to seek out the girl in the band.” A big grin spread over the aged face. “One of my specialties is the Match Game and she is your Heart Light. Judge not the tattoo. Her touch will give joy greater than the Universe and her happiness will wash away every evil.
I was silent.
“Go in peace, Man. Ride thy path to its end.”
The forest faded away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pic guesses- Chapel (in blog), hut (in blog), cottage (in blog) Sunset, Wonderland, Askew, Tilted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Honor of Al Jaffee

The Date (Blogophilia 13.5)

Mr. Rogers (GBE 2 101)