Back to Normal Traffic (Blogophilia 15.5)


 Let's talk numbers.

In a normal month, I usually average 400 reads a month, which isn't too bad for this antiquated format. I have a few really popular posts, but the average new post gets about 20 reads in the first week. Since I never have monetized either this blog or the WordPress model, the fact I am not one of the cool kids really doesn't bother me. 

But the last few months have been crazy. A bunch of nosy neighbors from Poland and Singapore have been passing my URL around. You have to wonder why? I'm a third tier writer who only does this for fun. I'm not writing political screeds condemning the current situation or steamy sex romps where everyone looks like Barbie, Ken, and GI Joe. I just write what it is on my mind. It might be where I sample durian fruit or fried alligator tail. Or describing my house after a power outage where I have to maneuver by candlelight. Whatever, it seems to be working.

I hope they keep coming back. 


Comments

  1. Hey now, those are pretty good numbers! Very interesting that Poland and Singapore show up in your stats. And of course, you have visits from Martians too but we aliens mask our identity. Carry on, and KUDOS Earthling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MySpace was amazing for writing and commenting, impressive that you a building an audience here. ~Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today, Poland and Singapore…tomorrow…THE WORLD!!! Keep it going! ~ Jay

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry typos...hey I get so many views from Singapore too, no comments, just lots of visits. It's odd.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In Honor of Al Jaffee

The Date (Blogophilia 13.5)