A Nightmare (Blogophilia 14.24)

 "And this is the training room you have always wanted to see..."

RRRNG!

I look at the clock. 

4:20AM. Oh, yeah. I got an appointment early this morning. 

What a nightmare. I was a salesman at a World Wrestling Entertainment themed resort and I was below my quote for the month. I had been showing this short guy around. I was having problems with the software getting in and I wondered if they had already fired me. I pray to Heaven send Hell away, but I still come back like Groundhog Day. 

I need coffee.

Brr! It's cold in here. Did Kathryn turn down the heat again? 67. Yep. I fix it and head into the kitchen.

Nobody up the hill Griswolded their houses,. The only shadows are the transmission towers from the river. I see the shadow of a pod of deer crossing the backyard. A doe looks toward the lit window for a few seconds then plods on toward the dam. There is peace in the house. And that is something money can never buy. 




Merry Christmas to Writers Weekly, Blogophilia, and all my other readers from around the world. May the coming year bring you hope and joy. The lyric, of course, is from Black Hole Sun.

Comments

  1. Brrr! Why do the women always turn down that thermostat?? It's super cold here as well. Great slice of life write - KUDOS, Earthling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She doesn't want to pay the gas bill. She shiver under her blanket and try to warm up next me.

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas from Tennessee.
    This is no time for quotas.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In Honor of Al Jaffee

The Date (Blogophilia 13.5)