Summertime (WWG 1.15)

 I've been lazy this week and not entirely sure how to handle this.

I don't really cool off in the summertime. When you never leave the air conditioning, you don't have to. 

My Daddy wasn't rich and my Momma wasn't good lookin'. They were kind of old when they had me. 

It's what happens when you are the last one in the bunch and an oops at that. 

Anyway, this was better than taking you an a long winded journey into the Low Country, showing some of the sites DuBose Heyward and George Gershwin were evoking in this, the most American of operas. 

Comments

  1. Well, hey, it's good to have you here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being the baby of the family must have had its perks, no? Thank you for posting! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In Honor of Al Jaffee

The Date (Blogophilia 13.5)

Mr. Rogers (GBE 2 101)