White dogs

 Her name was Lucille and she hated dogs. And she absolutely hated white dogs. She handed me the contraption, a white gun. The instructions were just the white dogs.

Why any dogs? 

 She gave no explanation for this and pushed me on. It was all I could do to reach around and clock that ice white head. Now that I think of it, it probably was made of ice.

I opened the door. They knew why I was there and began to scatter back towards the fence. A mass of brown, black, and white fur. The flame erupted and howls began. I caught the first one, a large pit and cringes as he spasmed on the ground. A smaller mix came up to help and I got him, too. It was horrifying and satisfying at the same time.

But as suddenly as it started, the flames went out.

And the dogs got their revenge. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Honor of Al Jaffee

The Date (Blogophilia 13.5)