Harry Raps

 Hey, heidy and howdy! It's your old friend Harry Handy. You probably have wondered what the hell happened to me all these years. Well, it seems when you run an internet radio blog from the great beyond, you get in trouble with the corporate rights holders to the music. I've been silenced by the Borg. UMG music group took over WOFT. 

But that's OK. Talk Radio is still good. I mean Stern has milked this format for years. And the political hacks...

But I digress.

I've missed all you Geritol guys and gals. Under the terms of my sent...er...settlement, I can't link music anymore. What's that you say? "Harry, what's the point of a radio blog if you can't play music?" It's a way to still stick to the man. This is do or die.

What I am going to do is describe some of the things I wish I could link. Like the Finnish Rap Group "Cheers for Beers." It's a crappy four-channel animation with the typical theme of getting the girl in bed (preferably with no consequences). I guess it is better than name-checking luxury goods. Then there is Leonard Nimoy's "Ballad of Bilbo Baggins." You wonder if this made him live long and prosper. Or various Rush, Poison, and Whitesnake cover bands of various quality. Almost none of them have enough personality to pay for their permanents.

There's more. Maybe if I link...

Hold on, I hear someone at the door. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Topic-David Schrader

Pic-Tyler Myrth

Pic Guesses: Rush, Hair, It goes to 11, Publicity, Band back together. Hairspray, Pretty Boy rock


Comments

  1. I am glad you couldn't play Nimoy, as I have heard that song. Ha --Dave Schrader

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see Harry back even without links. 8 points Earthling

    Martien

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harry's back!

    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha Cheers for Beers..definitely a Finnish Rap Group name!! Nice to catch up with Harry!

    ~Christine W.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Has Big Brother come calling at your door? Talk Radio can be a dangerous occupation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoping for one helluva Harry comeback!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In Honor of Al Jaffee

The Date (Blogophilia 13.5)

Mr. Rogers (GBE 2 101)