Let’s Try This Function Out. (Blogophilia 14.13) (archive post)

Excuse me a moment while I drop this lime in my gin and tonic. I was going to recycle a story, but on my way home from the doctor, I picked up a nail in my tire. Then after I put on the spare, I pulled out the one I was going to work on and realized I had recently done that one.
Well, back to the drawing board. There is always another way to go.
If you have been dealing with computers and stuff as long as I have, you understand Change is the same old story. I have nothing to offer anyone but my own confusion. A few months ago, I decided to take Zuckerberg’s bait and upgrade my Sheep Tag account to whatever number this version is. It seems to work a bit faster on my phone and I’m sure it is more effective at tracking my movements and habits as the old one. But it did away with several features I have learned to live with over the years...like Notes.
I found out there IS something new out there: the collaborative document. L Douglas St Ours has been using it to do new updates on his page for the last week or two and it seems to work pretty well. It’s located in the three dots menu on the right hand side of the new status item, click and pick. It seems to work just like the old notes, but I haven’t tested it’s ability to embed media. So, no Harry Handy entries for a while. And it does look like other people can come in and add to the doc, so Michael Todd and Dahlia Ramone could do a PRT or some other good Collab like in the old days.
Of course, it could turn out to be a rickety rope bridge in Florida in the end. And don’t mind Fred the Gator, there. He’s just warming up. Just think of the water moccasins on the shoreline below. They are more dangerous.
Which is why I’m going to the mountains instead.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pic guesses: Fred, Alligator, sunning, rickety, rope bridge, shallow water, Boots, blocking the way, smiling.
** Pardon the intrusion, I just wanted to see how this works. Lo and behold, I can add to your collab doc :0 ~ Dahlia (p.s. feel free to delete, I was just experimenting
Yes, it can be edited (Chris). It would be nice if each of the edits could be identified.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Honor of Al Jaffee

The Date (Blogophilia 13.5)

Mr. Rogers (GBE 2 101)