Timed Write (Blogophilia 34.12)

Start: 2:50PM

Time to just put the keyboard in action and see what comes out. I do this occasionally when I can’t come up with a story, poem, or some other highfalutin’ idea for consumption. As I am sitting here, it is raining hard enough to find the leaks in the roof. You know, the ones I thought I had fixed...twice. When the roof was redone a few years ago, the contractor didn’t use the finest quality decking and I’ve now got three sheets warped bad enough to cause problem. Am I going to call in a pro to fix it permanently? Nah. It won’t be all that long before I downsize into a condo and give this place to a developer to put another bland $1 million over sized barn in its place.

The houses are all cream, gray, or white. The only color in the neighborhood is from the change in season. My yard has scarlet sumac vines trailing through the lantana, which gives a rather neat effect . So much different from the professionally kept lawns around me. Yeah. I don’t think the neighbors will miss me.

I need to work up some Witches Brew for the neighbor kids. It’s fun to see the eyes widen when you add the dry ice and watch the fog rise. One year I did it, and I got slimed by this little boy who had just seen the movie.

Ok. stop. 3:00PM~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Topic-Colleen Keller BreuningPic-Tyler MyrthPic guesses: Candle in the wind, light up the dark, moth to flame, jumping jack flash, candlestick, light shine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Honor of Al Jaffee

The Date (Blogophilia 13.5)

Mr. Rogers (GBE 2 101)