Shopping List (Blogophilia 26.12)



So, what are we having for dinner next week?” She asked giggling from the chair. I roll my eyes. Here we go again.
If I had one power, I’d write a program to automatically answer this question. Beginning with the Wednesday ads, I’be been asked this every week for the last 35 years. And there is no getting around it, the pen and pad is waiting. It doesn’t matter whether it is spring flowers, summer heat, or autumn leaves; the grocery list has to be done. Of course, my answer is” “Let’s starve.”
The whole process makes her giddy. It’s like preparing for battle. Gathering coupons feels so right to her. The list is constructed counterclockwise around the store, Produce, Meat, Dairy, Frozen. As she strolls the aisles, the sight of a spectacular markdown leaves her moaning in delight. “Ooh, barbecue sauce for fifty cents. That’s mine.” I may be going broke by saving money.
I can’t complain.
I still get fed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Topic-Dia Jade
Pic guesses: Autumn leaves (in blog), stand out, wishing, late bloomer, summer’s end, spring flowers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Honor of Al Jaffee

The Date (Blogophilia 13.5)