Fall Rap (Blogophilia 3.12)

A happy accident…or maybe a hallucination has me . It is Munich on a Monday. Another hungover tourist in an overblown festival. Oktoberfest. Beer flows unimpeded from large taps along the Strasse. Bass drums alternate with tubas against my temples. Large stone survivors of the war glare menacingly on the gay crowd.
Flip out…
Männer and Fräu dressed for the occasion float along the sidewalk. Dirndls smelling of mothballs and disuse. I don’t get close enough to the lederhosen, but I can imagine. Sweat and filth from years past drifting in my mind. I pick up a bit of conversation. I translate, and they don’t realize it. Derisive comments about tourists common to every destination city by actors playing traditional roles. Jesters exist to mock. That’s a fact.
Diggity Diggity Bop…
I’m not the tourist. Just a fool riding a couch in echoes of my mind. The mushrooms are stronger than I was used to. And the trip a value for the money spent. A good way to travel without a passport or airplane. The gift of giving given by natures chemistry.
Dip, trip, flip, Fantasia…
Renate is cute brunette with a history, two kids with Oma. They will be down later… No, they’ll be by tomorrow for family day. Liesl, a ditzy blonde. They friend-zone Karl who probably wishes he could have them both. If it was New Orleans in February, he probably could and would. But it is Munich in September, so no dice.
Funk and fusion, a fly illusion…
I wonder how much longer before the coma comes. The edges are cracked and fuzzy. Yeah. Not long.
The Devil wears Prada.
Feel the vibe from here to Asia.
As always.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pic Guesses: Oktoberfest (in blog) Dirndl (in blog) Lederhosen (in blog) Friendzone (in blog) Oom-pah-phah. Threesome, Chilling, Munich (in blof)

Comments

  1. This is a different kind of buzz...
    I knew this girl who wore a dirndl, but not for sport.
    She claimed it sturdied her back.
    Enjoy your celebration...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In Honor of Al Jaffee

The Date (Blogophilia 13.5)