Another Day on the Darkside (Blogophilia 10.14)

 Marty Mammon, Senior Demon Director of Compliance for Devil's Quill, is in his office in a nondescript building outside Arlington, VA.


"Rrrngg."


"It's a great day in Hell. Marty Mammon, here. How may I inconvenience you?"


"Oh hey, Dick. How are things? Really? Maker is ramping up his orders? I can't say I'm surprised. But, mark my words, He'll change his mind once the Moaning Karens get loud enough. I've seen the cycle too many times."


Yes, I did start the new Scarcity Script. Early indications are good. Gas tanks are going dry all up the East Coast. No. It isn't related to Zuck's Covid one from last year. We had a demon called Afreet write it. What's an Afreet? You remember the Aladdin story, right? One of those. He owed us wishes. No, no threats. He was more than happy to run up some evil magic. I've never understood what Afreets had against mortals. That grudge is from before my time and never written down.


Oh, Yeah. Sandy Wrath borrowed Afreet for a Maker Industries project, but I have no idea what he had in mind. What's that? Ouch. I guess we should have seen that coming, with the damage those Center Space Mortals have done since the 3.16 project. Would the Scarcity Script work in conjunction with Wrath's deal? I make no promises, but if Maker Industries wants to go there we certainly can. I mean, we've done effective take out projects in the area before and every failed experiment is one step closer to success."


"Yeah, I'll keep you posted on any new developments and see you Tuesday at the status meeting."


"Bye."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Topic-Dahlia Ramone

Pic-Colleen Keller Breunig

Pic guesses: Serenade, comfort, buddies, captive audience, on the stoop, evening.

For those of you new to the blog, here is the full list of Devil's Quill pieces for your enjoyment: https://anothergovernmentemployee.blogspot.com/p/devils-quill.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Honor of Al Jaffee

The Date (Blogophilia 13.5)

Mr. Rogers (GBE 2 101)