Late Monday Night (Blogophilia 10.13)



Monday night and it's late. The Busch cans are stacked on the table in front of me and the last thing I remember is a fast food law commercial before drifting off. "Over $1 Billion recovered. Call today to get your best settlement..."

********************************************************

I find myself in a large room, maybe a warehouse. A stack of storage containers sits in the corner of the room, each contains a dream.  Eenie, Meenie, meinie, moe. I choose a pink one, the second one from the top. The effort it takes to pull it out is exhausting. I hesitate briefly. Is it showtime in my dreams? Will it be comedy or tragedy?

The room goes dark. A light flickers to my right and I enter it. I am in a river gorge, Palisades Shoals. Teenagers are climbing the cliff that runs along the bank. At the base is a group of girls dressed only in twelve-pack beer cartons, daring each other to jump naked into the water. Some boys nearby overheard and began to cheer: "Show us! Show us!", bringing laughter from everyone. 

The tall blonde says stand back. As everyone stares, she opens the Budweiser print suit, letting the pop tops glint in the sun.  It doesn't matter to any of them as no one is around. Cheers echo between the banks and up the ridge. There are comments about tapping kegs and other, cruder things.

She ignores them as she climbs to the top of the rock, tanned skin glowing in the sun. She slips and falls just before the top, only to be caught by a boy below and magically transported back to the top. Once they see this the other girls open their cartons and join in the communal skinny dipping session. It's all in good fun.

After I pass them, I meet an older black woman who accompanies me for the rest of The Walk Across America. She is telling me her tale of being young and foolish and she begins to shed her clothes...

********************************************************

The alarm goes off and I'm still on the sofa. Robin Robert's thin face stares into mine. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Topic-Diana Jillian

Pic-Jay Sole

Pic Guesses: Beer (in blog), Budweiser (in blog) twelve-pack (in blog), alcohol was involved (the whole point of the blog), party girls, young and dumb, summertime, 

Comments

  1. I want to see an angel get its wings. I don't think it will be one of the four girls. The black lady maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, to be young again - and hopefully this is not a tragedy! :- Martien aka Marvin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the warehouse of dreams.... I like it! For some reason this reminds me of Alice Cooper's Welcome to My Nightmare! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of picking my own dream. Not at all a bad pick for your dream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always liked the Choose Your Own Adventure books. Yeah, the plots were predictable, but it was fun to see where you landed.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In Honor of Al Jaffee

The Date (Blogophilia 13.5)

Mr. Rogers (GBE 2 101)